Friday, November 1, 2013

The Return of Nine New November Novel 'Ntries!

Currently Reading: Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez



That’s right! It’s November once again and I’m ready to take on another monthly challenge:

Nine New November Novel ‘Ntries 2013

For those who don’t know, this personal writing challenge stems from another national writing challenge. November is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), “a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to creative writing,” according to its website (created by the non-profit of the same name). Since apparently all writers suffer from procrastination-itis, aspiring authors are encouraged to treat this 11th month as their 11th hour, writing 50,000 words of their own novels by the month’s end. NaNoWriMo further motivates participants with a guarantee of a “Winner” badge for all who achieve the target word count in the allotted time. As the site says, “Valuing enthusiasm, determination, and a deadline, NaNoWriMo is for anyone who has ever thought fleetingly about writing a novel.” You can find out more about NaNoWriMo through the link above.

When I discovered NaNoWriMo last year, I was inspired and decided to channel my writing energies into this blog instead of a novel. I considered it a wildly successful experiment as I not only completed the goal of writing nine new blog posts by the end of November, but I didn’t post them all during that last week! Take that procrastination! Plus it was a good way to catch up my blog with my reading, as I tend to fall behind with my corresponding posts and I refuse to skip over any book that’s on my reading list.

So I’ve decided to start the race again and will attempt to write nine new entries (including this one) by month’s end!

Admittedly, I’m much more nervous about this project this year as I have significantly less free time. With a full time job, two weekend trips out of state, Thanksgiving, and a scuba diving trip, my November is pretty spoken for. However, I’m determined to keep this blog – and writing – a priority.

So….

LET’S DO THIS THING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment