Tuesday, April 16, 2013

One Year Later…


Currently Reading: The Once and Future King by T. H. White


I’m not usually one to stick to long-term projects.

I’m the queen of the New Year’s resolution that lasts for two weeks before I relapse. I go through spurts of being a work out junky before I find my butt right in front of the TV again. I constantly start projects, lose momentum halfway through and then find myself unable to pick the project up again.

It’s not something I love about myself, but I admit that I have all the best intentions with pretty lousy follow through when it comes to projects and goals.

However, today marks a pretty big event in the saga of Meredith’s history of zero-follow-through.

Because today is the one-year anniversary of when I started Novel Ideas!

Which is why I’ve decided to toot my own horn a little bit in this post.

During the past year, I have written 29 blog posts (30 counting this one) and read 24 books. Of those 24 books, 18 of them were on my Reading List.

For the person with the scrapbook with only two pages worth of pictures from a vacation I took almost eight years ago; the person whose room is full of corners of organization from that one day I felt motivated; the person with stacks of Thank You cards I’ve never filled out, let alone sent; the person with diaries with opening entries in January and ending entries in March of the same year, THIS IS A BIG DEAL!

I was fairly proud when I started my blog because, as I mentioned in my first post, I had toyed with the idea for a while, but struggled to find the courage and resolve to actually begin. However, I’m so much prouder that I’ve actually managed to keep up with it! And pretty consistently as well. While I may have averaged only about two posts per month, I’ve only had one month during which I didn’t post at all! Again, another huge accomplishment for me!

Additionally, I’m proud that I set two short-term blog related goals for myself in the past year and actually completed both of them! This is especially impressive for the November challenge of nine blog posts in one month. I absolutely expected that I would fall short and post the ninth in December. But no! I did it!!

I am disappointed that I haven’t made a bigger dent in my reading list and that I’m currently behind in blog posts for the books I’ve read. But overall, I can’t help feeling pretty satisfied with the progress I’ve made. I feel empowered and want to keep setting goals for this blog.

However, I’m still not confident in how good this newfound follow-through is so I think I’ll skip setting any goals for my next year of blogging.

But maybe I’ll actually go finish that scrapbook…

No comments:

Post a Comment